Meatball Ingredients:
1/2 c. sour cream
2 t. grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
2-3 t. pepper
1 t. salt
1 t. dry bread crumbs
1/2 t. garlic powder
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
Sauce Ingredients:
1 c. sour cream
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
2 t. dill weed
1/2 t. sugar
1/2 t. pepper
1/4 t. garlic powder
In a large bowl, combine the sour cream and Parmesan cheese. Add pepper, salt, bread crumbs and garlic powder. Crumble the meat over the mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes or until no longer pink; drain.
Transfer the meatballs to a 1 1/2-quart slow cooker. Combine the sauce ingredients; pour over meatballs. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or until heated through.
Yield: 1 1/2 dozen (2 cups sauce)
Personal observations:
I drooled over the meatballs themselves but the sauce wasn't my favorite. I think the dill component was a little too much so I'll have to tweak that the next time. Also, given that I grind my own peppercorns instead of purchasing already ground pepper, the amount of pepper needs to be...well...reduced. Unless one likes their meals accompanied by tears... Fortunately I did take it easy on the pepper but I think I still went overboard. :)
Gidget's Rating: 4-5 stars, since the sauce needs modification.
No comments:
Post a Comment