Ingredients:
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
1 can (19 oz.) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 c. salsa
1 c. water
1 c. shredded cheese
1/3 c. sour cream
1/3 c. chopped green onions
Tortillas
Brown meat; drain. Add seasoning mix, beans, salsa & water, stir. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes. Top with cheese. Cover, let stand 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with sour cream & onions. Serve with tortillas.
Yield: 4 servings (1 1/2 c. each)
Personal Observations:
I drooled over this so much when I made it that it's now became a frequent meal for dinner. I've varied the taco seasoning a bit -- sometimes using seasoning with cheese flavor added (and then reducing the actual cheese), sometimes getting the mild or low-sodium version. It's very customizable!
Gidget's Rating: 5 stars!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment